Andy Mckee Harp Guitar


Andy Mckee plays “Into the Ocean” with a harp guitar.

He won 1st place in the Miscellaneous Acoustic Instrument contest in his home state of Kansas with a harp guitar in 2003. He won 1st place in the Kansas Fingerstyle Guitar Competition and 2nd in the Canadian Fingerstyle Guitar Competition in 2004.

From Andy, "Most of all, I hope my music communicates something to the listener. I don't want to just play music with a lot of skill. I hope listening to my music is an emotional experience!"

The harp guitar is "A guitar, in any of its accepted forms, with any number of additional unstopped strings that can accommodate individual plucking.” To qualify as a harp guitar, an instrument must have at least one unfretted string lying off the main fretboard. Further, the unfretted strings can be, and typically are, played as an open string.






Prev         Top         Next